1. Judge in A&P Lawsuit Dismisses Some Claims
NEWARK, N.J. — A judge in a shareholder class-action suit against A&P this week dismissed claims against several defendants including the chain’s current owner, Yucaipa Cos., and Sam Martin, A&P’s current chief executive officer.
2. Publix, Kroger Cite Social Media Challenges, Opportunities
ORLANDO, Fla. — Having a corporate presence on social media presents challenges not only in terms of training those employees who post on behalf of the company, but also in making sure that those agents have access to accurate and appropriate content to respond to customers.
3. Kroger Takes Customer Data to Higher Level
While economic conditions have gone up (sometimes) and down (often) over the past decade, one constant in the supermarket industry has been Kroger Co.’s sales gains.
4. Trader Joe’s Tops Net Promoter Rankings
SAN MATEO, Calif. — Trader Joe’s ranked highest among supermarkets in a survey measuring customer satisfaction released Tuesday by Satmetrix here.
5. Fresh & Easy Seen as Tough Sell as Tesco Seeks to Exit U.S.
LONDON — Tesco’s planned exit from the U.S. — where it has operated Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market locations since late 2007 — may be difficult and complex, industry observers pointed out.