This article was updated to include additional information from Kings.
Kings Food Markets on Tuesday announced a series of recent executive changes and promotions including the addition of a new CFO, Daniel Gallagher.
Gallagher joined Kings in January as EVP and CFO. He has 16 years in senior management positions and is a former CEO of Town Sports International, a fitness club chain. At Kings, Gallagher will oversee the finance and loss prevention teams.
Monica Bonamego was Kings most recent CFO.
“Talented leadership is paramount to any company’s success,” Judy Spires, chairman and CEO of Kings, said in a statement. “By promoting these key leaders within our company, and bringing in new, top-tier talent, Kings is further positioned for growth and inspiration, as we continue to push the boundaries within the food industry.”
Kings’ other leadership changes include:
- Jessica Gasser has been promoted to EVP of strategic services. Gasser will continue to oversee the areas of human resources, labor relations and IT, while taking on the additional responsibility for leading strategic initiatives for the company;
- Joseph Parisi has been promoted to SVP, operations. A 27-year Kings veteran, Parisi has held positions with increasing levels of responsibility, most recently as VP of operations. In his new role, he will continue to oversee the operations team, as well as take on new leadership responsibilities;
- Arthur Goncalves has been promoted to VP of center store, where he will oversee center store operations, pricing, brands and shelf management. Over the past 20 years, Gonclaves has held various positions in the business, including store manager, manager of category space allocation, manager of store development, director of seafood and most recently VP of produce and floral;
- Donna Mastellone has been promoted to VP, produce and floral. The 18-year Kings veteran has held numerous roles within the organization, most recently as director of floral, specialty boutique sales and merchandising;
- Allen Merken has been promoted to senior director, engineering, maintenance and construction;
- Thomas McNerney has been promoted to senior director, operations; and
- Kathe Benjamin has been promoted to director of human resources and labor relations.
In addition, key merchandising expansions include Paul Hamilton, promoted to produce buyer, and Michele Edwards, promoted to floral buyer.