Food industry leaders were awarded for achievements in everything from philanthropy to public affairs in a first-time awards banquet at the FMI Midwinter Executive Conference  in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Retailers and suppliers packed a large banquet room at the Phoenician Hotel to toast industry leaders. The "Celebrating Our Industry" dinner was sponsored by the FMI Industry Collaboration Council.
Following were the award winners:
• The Herbert Hoover Award for humanitarian service in the food industry went to Associated Grocers, Inc.'s J.H. “Jay” Campbell, Jr. , president and CEO.
• Joanie Taylor , director, consumer affairs and community relations, Schnuck Markets, received the FMI Esther Peterson Award for her commitment as both advocate and voice of the consumer.
• Hy-Vee’s recently retired VP for education and governmental affairs, Rose Mitchell , was honored with the FMI Glen P. Woodard, Jr. Public Affairs Award.
• Campbell Soup Co.'s Denise Morrison , president and CEO, was recognized for her exemplary contributions to the food retail supply chain with the FMI William H. Albers Industry Relations Award.
Join SN's LinkedIn Group  to network with industry professionals.
• The Sidney R. Rabb Award was presented to Neil Golub , Price Chopper Supermarkets’ executive chairman of the board, for his statesmanship and community service.
• Bristol Farms' Kevin Davis , president and CEO, received the Robert B. Wegman Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence.
• J.K. Symancyk, president of Meijer, received the 2014 GMA Industry Collaboration Leadership Award for creating an environment where supply chain partners can work together in new and innovative ways.
Read more: Collaboration in focus as Midwinter begins 
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|