Stick To Style
- Decorating style can change in seconds with Self Adhesive Wallies, a new product from Wallies here. With a low tack adhesive these modern wallpaper cutouts can be peeled off their backing and stuck to different surfaces in the home, then repositioned at anytime. Walls, lampshades, mirrors and furniture can have a new, temporary look. The product is being promoted through an internet campaign as well as through custom in-store signage and promotions. Wholesale cost is $6.49 per set with a suggested retail price of $12.99. Volume discounts are available.
ATLANTA -Rayovac Batteries and Lights here and the Weather Channel, Norfolk, Va., have partnered in a licensing agreement created to provide consumers with information and tools to keep families safe during storm season. Safety and preparedness tips from the Weather Channel will appear on select Rayovac battery and light assortment packages and displays at retailers nationwide. The special safety materials include: Specially-designed retail displays that feature the Weather Channel Storm Brochure; a variety of more than six customizable and 10 standard assortment displays containing lanterns, flashlights and batteries; a broad selection of Rayovac light and battery assortments. The current program will last through this month and Rayovac and the Weather Channel plan to expand their partnership with new initiatives in 2007 and beyond.
CENTURY CITY, Calif. - Before George Lopez, Carlos Mencia and Paul Rodriguez came the irreverent trio of funnymen Joey Vega, J.J. Ramirez and Angel Salazar. Part stand-up comedy and part documentary, their successful performances come together in "The Latin Legends of Comedy," a DVD release from Key Video, a label of Fox Home Entertainment, here, after playing to audiences at a range of national film festivals. The release will be supported by radio and online advertising and promotions, a national publicity campaign, and grassroots marketing efforts in comedy clubs across the country. The DVD will be available Oct. 10 for a suggested retail price of $19.98.
TOP 10 SUPERMARKET DVD SELL-THROUGH TITLES
As of September 10, 2006
Rank Title (#of Weeks Out), Last Week Studio, Retail Price
1) 1; Brother Bear 2 (1); Buena Vista $29.99
2) 2; The Sentinel (1); Fox $29.98
3) 3; Take the Lead (1); New Line $28.98
4) 4; Akeelah and the Bee (1); Lions Gate $28.98
5) 5; Poseidon (1); Warner $28.98
6) 6; RV (2); Sony $28.95
7) 7; Scary Movie 4 (2); Weinstein/Genius $29.95
8) 8; Just My Luck (1); Fox $29.99
9) 9; Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (29); Buena Vista $19.99
10) 10; Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector (3); Paramount $29.95
N=New N/A=Not in Top 10 last week
This chart, tailored for the supermarket video market, is based on information taken from more than 1,000 supermarket rental locations serviced by Ingram Entertainment, La Vergne, Tenn.