SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Califorrnia Grocers Association here said Jim Donald and Tim Mason are among the executives scheduled to speak at CGA's annual Strategic Conference in late September in Las Vegas.
Donald is president and chief executive officer of Haggen Inc. , Bellingham, Wash.; Mason is president and CEO of Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, El Segundo, Calif., a division of British-based Tesco . The meeeting — set for Sept. 25-27 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino — will have an expanded educational program.
Other scheduled speakers will include:
• Kevin Kelley, principal at Shook-Kelley, Charolotte, on retail design strategies.
• Michael Tchong, founder of Ubercool, Las Vegas, on how social media are reinventing marketing.
• Ken Fenyo, CEO of YOU Technology, San Francisco, on how digital, social and mobile technologies are transforming retail marketing.
• Alisa Joseph, vice president, advertiser services, for Arbitron, Columbia, Md., and Scarborough Research, New York, on understanding the dynamics of California grocery shoppers.
• Keri Askew-Bailey, CGA's vice president, government relations, on how CGA deals with policymakers on behalf of business.
There will also be share-group discussions on Center Store dynamics; managing shrink; Hispanic customer trends; and private-label and national-brand strategies.