FALLS CHURCH, Va. — Food For All here is planning a summer fund-raiser in partnership with several supermarkets across the country to raise money for community-based charities.
The following supermarket chains are scheduled to participate or are already participating:
- • Acme Markets (July 18-Oct. 7).
- • Albertsons LLC (May through June).
- • Adams Super Food Stores (June 15-Aug. 31).
- • Dorothy Lane Market (June 15-Aug. 31).
- • Grand Union (June 6-Sept. 4).
- • Mollie Stone's (June 15-Sept. 30).
- • Potash Brothers Markets (June 15-Aug. 31)
- • Rice Epicurean Markets (June 15-Aug. 31).
Customers can donate to the Food For All campaign by selecting a $1, $3 or $5 donation coupon at the register and having the UPC code scanned by the cashier. Upon program conclusion, the participating supermarkets will determine which local charities will benefit.