CINCINNATI — The Kroger Co.  is recognizing its key supplier partners for their contribution to its private-label business including its Private Selection, HomeSense, Comforts, Mirra and Kroger corporate brands.
The 2011 Supplier of the Year award categories and honorees include:
• Outstanding Innovator: McCormick & Co.
• Outstanding Design Agency: Re:Generate Design
• Deli: Campbell Soup Co.
• Deli/Bakery: Maple Leaf Bakery
• Drug/GM: Diversified Distribution
• Drug/GM: G&S Metal Products Co.
• Floral: Nature’s Flowers
• Meat: Birchwood Foods
• Natural Foods: Prime Choice Foods
• Produce: Taylor Farms
• Seafood: Trans-Ocean Products
Kroger's has recognized its suppliers every year since 1990. This year, the first two categories were added to recognize unique contributions.
McCormick & Co. received the Outstanding Innovator Award for its collaborative and customer-focused approach to product development, according to Kroger.
Re:Generate Design was recognized for its part in the effort to update and redesign the Kroger brand line of products. The design firm's experience in retail brand development and its razor-sharp design strategy were key factors in the program's success, Kroger said.