ST. LOUIS — Save-A-Lot here on Wednesday issued a flurry of announcements about 13 new-store openings in four states.
The limited-assortment chain, a division of Minneapolis-based Supervalu , said it is opening four new stores in Pennsylvania, three in New York, three in Ohio and three in Tennessee in February and March. A spokeswoman for Save-A-Lot told SN the announcements were made because the new openings were bunched in common media markets.
As previously reported, Supervalu is seeking to add more than 1,000 new Save-A-Lot stores in the next three years.
Of the 13 new openings, four are corporately owned and nine are licensed. The locations, some of which have opened in the last few weeks, are as follows (licensed, unless otherwise indicated):
• 111 West 13th St., Tyrone (opened on Feb. 15)
• 19040 Park Ave., Meadville (scheduled to open Feb. 22)
• 2209 West 12th, Erie (scheduled to open March 21)
• 1500 Main St., Peckville (company-owned, scheduled to open in late March)
In New York:
• 2327 Seminary St., Auburn (company-owned, opened Feb. 7)
• 3 Geddes St., Holley (opened Feb. 15)
• 6000 Park Ave., Hamburg (scheduled to open Feb. 25)
• 204 High St., Wadsworth (company-owned, opened Feb. 16)
• 6700 Hamilton Ave., Cincinnati (scheduled to open March 14)
• 2200 Mock Road, Columbus (scheduled to open March 28)
• 950 S. McCrary St., Woodbury (opened Feb. 15)
• 1109 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville (company-owned, scheduled to open Feb. 23)
• 6901 Lee Highway, Chattanooga (scheduled to open Feb. 28)