Food industry leaders were awarded for achievements in everything from philanthropy to public affairs in a first-time awards banquet at the FMI Midwinter Executive Conference in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Retailers and suppliers packed a large banquet room at the Phoenician Hotel to toast industry leaders. The "Celebrating Our Industry" dinner was sponsored by the FMI Industry Collaboration Council.
Following were the award winners:
• The Herbert Hoover Award for humanitarian service in the food industry went to Associated Grocers, Inc.'s J.H. “Jay” Campbell, Jr., president and CEO.
• Joanie Taylor, director, consumer affairs and community relations, Schnuck Markets, received the FMI Esther Peterson Award for her commitment as both advocate and voice of the consumer.
• Hy-Vee’s recently retired VP for education and governmental affairs, Rose Mitchell, was honored with the FMI Glen P. Woodard, Jr. Public Affairs Award.
• Campbell Soup Co.'s Denise Morrison, president and CEO, was recognized for her exemplary contributions to the food retail supply chain with the FMI William H. Albers Industry Relations Award.
• The Sidney R. Rabb Award was presented to Neil Golub, Price Chopper Supermarkets’ executive chairman of the board, for his statesmanship and community service.
• Bristol Farms' Kevin Davis, president and CEO, received the Robert B. Wegman Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence.
• J.K. Symancyk, president of Meijer, received the 2014 GMA Industry Collaboration Leadership Award for creating an environment where supply chain partners can work together in new and innovative ways.
Read more: Collaboration in focus as Midwinter begins
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|