Hy-Vee has tapped into a new trend in peanut butter: powdered.
The retailer has launched a powdered peanut butter under the Hy-Vee HealthMarket store brand.
The product is made from powdered peanuts that have been pressed to remove much of the oil and fats. The result is a peanut butter taste with less fat and calories.
It is sold in three varieties: Original, Chocolate, Hazelnut.
The powder can be mixed with water to create the desired peanut butter consistency.
Powdered peanut butter has made a statement in recent months for having much of the protein, but less of the fat and calories, of traditional peanut butter. National brand "PB2"boasts that is has 85% less fat and calories than traditional peanut butter. A 2-tablespoon serving contains 45 calories; and 1 gram of fat.
In promotional materials, Hy-Vee stressed the Top 5 reasons to eat powdered peanut butter:
- Most of the fat and oil is removed leaving a slow-roasted peanut taste.
- Fewer calories and less fat than regular peanut butter.
- Diabetes-friendly food choice.
- Convenient, delicious way to boost protein in smoothies, dips and hot cereal.
- Three delicious flavors available: Original, Chocolate, Hazelnut
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarket News|