Here are the results of last week’s SN News Quiz!
1. A main vegetable supplier for which retailer just called it quits?
- Sobeys (yes!)
- Fareway Stores
2. Walgreens will have to pay out in the multi-millions to Rite Aid, regarding alleged misleading statements Walgreens made during a period where the pharmacy giant was considering acquiring Rite Aid in 2016.
So how much did they settle for?
- $122.5 million
- $152.5 million
- $192.5 million (so right!)
3. Which grocer just announced it will close five stores in Albany, N.Y. citing poor sales?
- ShopRite (yes!)
- Fresh Thyme
Bonus question: Plant-based milk sales are still hot, and represent the largest segment in the plant-based foods industry, with 40.6% of U.S. households purchasing plant-based milks in 2023, including a repeat purchase rate of 75.7%.
Are sales of plant-based milk up at your store/s?
- Yes you are seeing the sales of plant-based milk rise in stores (75%)
- No you are not seeing a ride in the sale of plant-based milk (21.4%)
- Other (3.6%)
The majority of you are seeing the sales of plant-based milk rise in stores!
Think you know grocery? Take our most recent 3-question quiz here. Betcha can’t get all three!