In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Kroger's plans to enter the Northeast with an Ocado robotic warehouse ranked as the week’s top story. Kroger plans to offer online grocery delivery service in the Northeast — where it has no physical stores — through an Ocado-powered customer fulfillment center. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- What's driving sales growth for organic products at retail?;
- Ahold’s Giants get new promo campaigns under way; and
- Village Super Market reports uptick in fiscal 2021 sales.
In other news, Ahold Delhaize hits 2021 target in shift to U.S. self-distribution, Pattison Food Group to buy Roth’s Fresh Markets, frontline workers cite burnout as top reason for leaving jobs.
Other top stories:
- Stop & Shop kicks off Express delivery;
- SpartanNash repurposes closed store for COVID-19 booster shots; and
- UNFI offers DoorDash delivery to independent grocers.