In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Meijer teaming with Uber for home delivery ranked as the week’s top story. The Midwest operator added nearly 250 locations to the mix.
Other top stories:
- Kroger and Albertsons merger: What lies ahead?
- Online grocery sales decline;
- The categories driving inflation;
- Whole Foods vs Wegmans.
In other news, Ahold Delhaize expanded its sustainability-linked credit, adding 500 million euros and reducing cost with a new facility.
Among other stories:
- Kroger will now deliver floral and sushi via DoorDash;
- Washington’s AG appealed to block Albertsons’ $4 billion dividend;
- Could tech antitrust concerns affect the Kroger-Albertsons approval?
- CVS and Walgreens agree to pay $10.7 billion to settle opioid lawsuits.