In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Wakefern planning to close 62 ShopRite pharmacies ranked as the top story. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- The NielsenIQ forecast at the FMI Midwinter conference indicated that online CPG food and beverage sales could top $100 billion in 2021;
- Giant’s Matt Simon joined the Off the Shelf podcast to talk about the retailer’s online grocery subscription plan; and
- CPG, distribution, retail execs shared experiences and insights on the grocery supply chain.
In other news, FMI’s Leslie Sarasin said the food industry can help “shape a better normal,” Target said it would pay out $200 million in employee bonuses; and Southeastern Grocers shelved its IPO.
Other top stories:
- C&K Market shifted to employee ownership;
- Walmart said it would build local fulfillment centers at dozens of stores; and
- Festival Foods tapped Ken Wicker to lead fresh departments.