Can independents maintain their local marketing edge even as technology for personalized offerings gains wider use across retail channels? SN asked five independent supermarket leaders the same five questions, and we share their answers in these special 2015 NGA Show videos.
The retailers -- Eric Stille, president and CEO of Nugget Market; Roger Lowe Jr., CEO, Lowe's Markets; Rich Niemann Jr., president and CEO, Niemann Foods and NGA chairman; Ted Balistreri, Sendik's Food Market; and Kim Eskew, president, Harps Food Stores -- were interviewed by SN's David Orgel and Supermarket Guru Phil Lempert.
Click on the questions to watch the videos:
1. How are independents adapting and growing at a time when consumers are still cautious on spending?
2. How are CPG companies, in particular the large ones, developing partnerships and programs for independents?
3. Can independents maintain their local marketing edge even as technology for personalized offerings gains wider use across retail channels?
4. What are the most compelling independent opportunities now in specialty retailing, from ethnic to natural?
5. What are the best ways for independents to make their marks in the health and wellness arena?
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarket News|