In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, the top story was about Dollar Tree increasing prices as a study throws shade on its strategies. Traffic is down at the discount store, but profits are up due to the Plus program.
Among other top stories:
- 5 things: How CVS became a pharmacy behemoth
- Supermarkets are moving in on this $100B industry
- Instacart to add ChatGPT bot to its app
- Sprouts Farmers closes stores that do not fit small approach
Also, California canceled a $54 million contract with Walgreens over the retailer’s abortion pill stance. Gov. Gavin Newsom says he will not renew the deal involving the state’s prison system.
Other top stories:
- Walgreens, others pull back on abortion pill distribution
- Are consumers losing interest in food delivery? Report says yes.
- A majority of grocers plan to test a Chat GPT solution in 2023
- As growth explodes, Instacart waits for right timing for IPO