In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Dollar Tree names new COO ranked as the top story. Michael Creedon has joined Dollar Tree as chief operating officer, marking the chain’s third high-level hire following a C-suite shakeup early this summer.
Among other top stories:
- Metro ushers in MOİ customer rewards program
- KeHE Distributors to open its biggest DC yet
- Pattison Food Group joins Air Miles Rewards
- 5 things: Here's who's doing supermarket 'luxury'
In other news, The grocery industry has jumped in with broad support of the Biden administration’s $8 billion plan to tackle food insecurity and improve nutrition and wellness nationwide. The five-pronged National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition and Health includes expanding food access and affordability, integrating nutrition and health, empowering all consumers to make more informed and healthier food choices, enhancing nutrition and food security research, and enabling physical activity for all. The effort responds to this past summer’s “Call to Action for White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health,” in which the administration said it aims to end hunger and reduce diet-related disease by 2030, while also eliminating disparities among the most-impacted communities.
- ‘Food as medicine’ concept embraced by consumers
- Amazon rekindles third-party grocery delivery in launch with Cardenas Markets
- Schnucks to acquire Missouri grocer Fricks Market
- NGA hails FTC chief’s call to rachet up antitrust enforcement