In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, KeHe names new president and CEO, Deb Conklin ranked as the week's top story. As part of an ongoing succession process, Barnholt will move into the executive chairman role. Barnholt, who turns 65 in April, has been KeHe’s president and CEO for fifteen years.
Among other top stores:
- Produce sales have been way up. Here’s why.
- Plum Market expands to Florida
- Grocery stocks outperformed market in 2022
- Saving money is top of mind for shoppers: Kroger survey
In other news, Instacart has cut its valuation to about $10 billion, a 20% drop from its valuation in October, and a nearly 75% drop from early last year when it was valued at $39 billion, according to reporting from The Information, which citied two persons familiar with the situation.
Other top stories:
- Minimum wage just went up in 23 states
- Boxed eyes a potential sale
- There’s fierce competition for beauty care share
- Schnucks expands worker program that allows flexibility with hours, store location