the top story was, PLMA’s annual private label trade show returns to Chicago. With more than 2,000 exhibit booths, PLMA’s Annual Private Label Trade Show, Nov. 13-15 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center Center in Chicago, is the largest event for store brands in North America.
“The exhibit hall will be filled with thousands of new products that will shape the future of store brands,” said Peggy Davies, president of the Private Label Manufacturers Association.
Other top stories:
- Kroger net sales jump over 9% in Q2
- Wegmans nears full phase-out of single-use plastic shopping bags
- Prices top-of-mind for holiday grocery shoppers
- Walmart online shoppers to pay list price for product substitutions
In other news, DoorDash, widely known for its restaurant deliveries, is continuing to gain traction in the grocery retail sector, with its latest partner being The Raley’s Companies.
Same-day grocery delivery is now available from 213 locations across multiple cities, including 117 Raley’s stores in Northern California and Nevada and 90-plus Bashas’ locations in Arizona. Specific banners are Raley’s, Bel Air, Nob Hill Foods, Raley’s O-N-E Market, Bashas’, Food City and AJ’s Fine Foods stores.
Among other stories:
- U.S. online grocery sales sustain for August
- Grocery pricing still high despite relaxed inflation in August
- Closeup look at The Kroger Co., SN’s Retailer of the Year
- Grocery shoppers take the omnichannel route