In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Raley’s CFO Ken Mueller’s death in a plane crash ranked as the week’s most-read story. The chief pilot for the Western grocer was also identified as a victim.
Among other top stories:
- Instacart partnered with Lizzo and SN shared five takeaways for the grocery industry;
- Kroger was named SN’s 2022 Retailer of the Year;
- Five industry items you may have missed, including Walmart’s smart garage and H-E-B’s topping the U.S. Recommended Rankings list.
In other news, Meijer took a deeper dive into grocery and a study showed weekly grocery spend could top $300 by 2024.
Other top stories:
- Target tapped Brian Cornell for three more years as CEO;
- Grocery Outlet vice chairman MacGregor Read retired;
- Raley’s enlisted DoorDash for grocery delivery;
- Pet care remained buoyant as consumers clung to premium brands.