In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Hy-Vee looks to monetize customer receipts was ranked as the week’s top story. Hy-Vee sees more potential dollars coming its way after customer purchases using flexEngage’s receipt and transactional communication platform. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- ShopRite readies pilot of robotic grocery delivery carts
- As digital sales soar, profits are a concern for grocery retailers
- Kroger’s Rodney McMullen talks shop at Groceryshop
- Roundup: The NGA Show comes back in person
Also, Midwestern grocer Hy-Vee plans to pilot Simbe Robotics’ Tally shelf-scanning robot at five stores, where the technology will provide autonomous inventory management.
West Des Moines, Iowa-based Hy-Vee said Thursday that Tally robots are already in at supermarkets in Ankeny, Iowa, and Lincoln, Neb., and more of the units will be deployed at stores in Lee’s Summit, Mo.; Omaha, Neb.; and Altoona, Iowa, in the coming weeks.
Other top stories:
- Ahold Delhaize USA opens new distribution center in Connecticut
- Safeway reports theft of COVID-19 vaccine records in Washington, D.C.
- Albertsons tapped to pilot DoorDash DoubleDash
- Instacart cites impact in grocery job, revenue generation