In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, the top story was about Whole Foods announcing layoffs and restructuring. Hundreds will be let go as the company looks to further streamline operations.
Among other top stories:
- Wegmans is making Rx labels talk
- Kroger asked a judge to dismiss its merger suit
- Loblaw president Galen Weston stepped down, and a new CEO was named
- Giant Eagle reversed strategy, bringing back its weekly Pittsburgh circular
In other news, Trader Joe’s employees were set to make a decision about whether to unionize.
Other top stories:
- Hy-Vee leveraged the power of the food hall
- Rite Aid released Q4 results, showing the pharmacy was causing pain
- Amazon looked to grocery as a ‘big growth opportunity’
- A lawsuit alleged that Kroger is overcharging prescription club members