Here are the results of last week’s SN News Quiz!
1. What percentage was Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen's pay increase last year?
- 6% (correct!)
2. Which companies are recently getting pressure to address safety and worker well-being?
- Costco and Sam's Club
- Dollar Tree and Dollar General (that’s the one!)
- Walmart and Target
3. Amazon recently announced that it's overhauling its network to do what?
- Prioritize local inventory in its search (correct! But how much do we wish it was the third one??)
- Further grow its retail media strategy
- Gift all new Prime members a complimentary puppy
BONUS question: Instacart has just settled a case for $46.5 million after the delivery giant was accused of paying California workers as if they were independent contractors between 2015 and 2020. The suit said both shoppers and drivers should be classified as employees. But should they?
- These are flexible contractors (70.7%)
- Clearly full-time workers (29.3%)
Want another grocery news challenge? Take our latest SN News Quiz here. Betcha can't get all three...