Kroger has launched a new Hispanic-inspired private label brand, Mercado, which will be sold exclusively at Kroger Family of Stores.
The line consists of over 50 products, including items like fresh meat, beverages, snacks, sides, desserts and more.
Some of the products include:
- Queso Fresco and Queso Panela
- Oaxaca Cheese Ball
- Ready to Cook Flour Tortillas (in the refrigerated section)
- Pre-Cooked White Corn Meal (the authentic core ingredient to make traditional arepas)
- Chorizo Ground Sausage
- Thin Sliced Beef Strip Steak
- Pork Stew Meat
- Chicharrones en Tiras Pork Cracklin Strips—Original and Red Pepper
- Agua Fresca—Tropical Mango and Watermelon Guava
- Sodas—Crisp Apple, Watermelon, Tropical Pineapple Guava and Mango
In September, Kroger announced that it had revamped a Signature store in Houston to include several features geared toward the area’s majority Hispanic population, including bilingual signage and 900 unique product offerings, including the chain’s first-ever assortment of fresh, store-made ceviche.
The ceviche offering is in test and could be rolled out to additional locations, according to the report.