The Save Mart Companies is expanding its menu of private label brands at its 200 Save Mart, Lucky California and FoodMaxx stores located throughout California and Northern Nevada. The company said Friday it will introduce hundreds of items per year, adding new items to existing lines as well as adding new lines.
“We are pleased to announce a significant expansion of ‘Our Brands,’ giving shoppers a much greater power of choice in all of our Save Mart, Lucky California and FoodMaxx stores,” said Rebecca Calvin, chief merchandising officer at Modesto, Calif.-based The Save Mart Companies. “We offer a growing assortment of everyday products including high-quality organic and better-for-you options, meal and snack solutions, household items, pet food, personal health and hygiene, all with a three-tier approach — premium and unique flavor offerings, national brand equivalents and cost-saving choices.”
This newest expansion of products and foods follows the company’s addition to its portfolio of proprietary products in 2021 with the launch of its Crav’n private label. The Save Mart Companies’ private label portfolio currently numbers 4,200 SKUs overall.
Most of the new items are in the company’s Sunny Select and Pacific Coast Selections Brands. The latest launch is the Pacific Coast Selections Ice Cream line, a completely new line to the category and the company’s first introduction into the premium ice cream segment of the category. The company is also introducing a new line of marinated tri-tip in the Pacific Coast Selections brand. It features four flavors: Santa Maria, Steakhouse, Habanero BBQ and Garlic & Wine. In addition, Sunny Select Red & Gold #5 potatoes are rolling out this week.
“With the economic pressures our shoppers are facing today, the ongoing expansion of our proprietary brand options and everyday solutions we provide reaffirms our commitment to our customers in the strongest way possible,” said Calvin. “For the past 70 years, The Save Mart Companies has been dedicated to making a difference in our customers’ lives by providing quality products at everyday affordable prices.”
Among The Save Mart Companies’ private label, quality own brands are its national brand equivalents that the retailer claims are equal to national brand items with “as-good-as” or “better-than” quality; its premium and unique alternative options; and its cost-savings choices. These include:
National brand equivalents
• Sunny Select —everyday staples such as bread, condiments, frozen and canned foods.
• Sunnyside Farms — quality dairy and frozen products.
• Char King — barbecue items that include briquettes, lighter fluid and logs.
• Simply Done — general everyday home items, cleaning and laundry supplies, and tableware.
• TopCare — personal and general health-related items.
• TippyToes — diapers, wipes, formulas, food and snacks that are quality tested and affordably priced.
• Crav’n — meal and snack solutions such as pizzas, frozen appetizers, salty snacks and cookies.
• Paws Happy Life — affordable quality pet food, treats, and accessories.
• Pacific Coast Selections & Pacific Coast Organic — The Save Mart Companies exclusive own brand; premium quality products such as jams, jellies, syrups, meal solutions and snacks.
• Pure Harmony — pet food with wholesome, real ingredients, formulated to provide optimal nutrition and excluding artificial preservatives and flavors.
• Full Circle Market — organic and best-of-nature food, beverages,and non-food products, including wholesome, less processed items and sustainably sourced seafood.
• Bayview Farms — The Save Mart Companies exclusive own brand; opening price point for essential basics.
• That’s Smart — hundreds of budget-friendly essentials across the store, including chips, snacks, frozen items, salad dressings, peanut butter and pasta sauces.