During its annual show in Chicago next month, United Fresh will present its 11th annual Retail Produce Manager Awards to 25 honorees from 23 retailers and commissaries.
United Fresh chose the 25 recipients from hundreds of nominations submitted by retailers and suppliers.
This year’s honorees are:
- Scott Baker, Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Mario Branco, Lucky Supermarkets, Oakley, Calif.
- Tom Dubrowski, King’s Food Markets, Cresskill, N.J.
- Tony Gilliam, K-VA-T Food Stores, Weber City, Va.
- Gary Gillispie, Altus AFB Commissary, Altus, Okla.
- Bernadine Godeck, Pick’N Save, Eagle River, Wis.
- Martin Gomez, Grocery Outlet, Chehalis, Wash.
- Esteban Gonzalez, Rouses Supermarkets, Gretna, La.
- Juan Graciano, Safeway, Redding, Calif.
- Tom Johnson, Hannaford Bros., Taunton, Mass.
- Brad Johnston, Brookshire Grocery Co., Shreveport, La.
- Chuck Kauffman, Andronico's Community Markets, San Francisco
- Sue Knop, Food Pride, Ida Grove, Iowa
- Henry Kryeski, River Valley Market, Northampton, Mass.
- Michelle Lee, Ball Foods, Ball, La.
- Justin Lorson, Weis Markets, Lewisburg, Pa.
- Anthony Machado, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Granite Bay, Calif.
- Cedric Patrick, The Kroger Co., Atlanta, Ga.
- Dale Schoenefeld, Hy-Vee, Watertown, S.D.
- AJ Sleasman, Price Chopper, Clifton Park, N.Y.
- Ryan Tanner, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Reno, Nev.
- Ron Tarini, Big Y Foods, Brandford, Conn.
- Josh Teifel, Food Maxx, Concord, Calif.
- Kevin Thalken, Hy-Vee, Blue Springs, Mo.
- Mike Underwood, Coborn’s, New Prague, Minn.
“Produce managers are on the front lines, educating consumers in the produce department — a critical touch point for the fresh produce industry,” said United Fresh CEO Tom Stenzel. “We are grateful to Dole Food Company for their sponsorship of this program and partnership in recognizing these 25 deserving honorees.”
Five Grand Prize winners will receive a $1,000 cash prize during the Retail-Foodservice Celebration Dinner on June 10, during which all 25 honorees will be recognized.
A select panel of Retail Produce Manager Awardees will participate in a discussion on the show floor in the Fresh Marketplace Learning Center on June 10 at 1:15 p.m.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarket News|