Roundy’s Inc. will open its newest — and largest — Mariano’s location in Chicago Tuesday. The 34th store for the banner, anchoring the NewCity development, will bring approximately 540 new jobs to the area.
The two-story location covers more than 83,000 square feet, making it the largest Mariano’s in Chicago.
Inside, shoppers will find signature Mariano’s experiences including Oki Sushi, an Oyster Bar, Todds BBQ and SQUEEZ’D. The store will also feature a patisserie, a specialty cheese and charcuterie shop and VEG’D — a freshly prepared food station dedicated to vegetarian and vegan items — as well as other features to deliver a foodie experience.
“We are constantly evolving to better serve the needs of our customers, and our store at NewCity is no exception,” Bob Mariano, chairman, president and CEO of Milwaukee-based Roundy’s, said in a statement. “We of course have the traditional grocery staples, but with unique features like fresh smoothies, sushi and smoked barbeque, we offer an experience unlike anywhere else. When doors open tomorrow, our new neighbors in Lincoln Park will find a store that is truly one-of-a-kind.”
Mariano’s NewCity will include:
• Vero featuring premium coffees with on-site, fresh-roasted coffee beans, as well as locally and homemade gelato prepared with traditional Italian techniques.
• Cheese and charcuterie with a variety of regional and international cheeses that can be cut-to-order and specially wrapped, along with an extensive selection of salumis, a hand-pulled mozzarella station and an olive bar.
• Todds BBQ offering daily smoked brisket, ribs and more, all with a variety of sauces.
• Oyster Bar featuring shucked oysters and specialty seafood dishes.
• SQUEEZ’D smoothie bar showcasing a variety of made-to-order fruit and vegetable smoothies, plus Mariano’s signature fresh-squeezed orange and other fruit juices.
To celebrate the opening of the NewCity location, the Roundy’s Foundation will make a donation to After School Matters, a non-profit organization that provides life-changing after-school and summer opportunities to more than 15,000 Chicago high school teens each year.
This article was updated Thursday, Oct. 29, to include two photos from the grand opening.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarket News|