Publix Super Markets has announced the winners of this year’s George W. Jenkins Award and President’s Award, which were presented at the company’s retail operations conference earlier this month in Orlando, Fla.
Each of the 12 employee awards was presented to one retail leader from each of the company’s five divisions and one support leader, the Lakeland, Fla.-based company said.
The George W. Jenkins Award, named after Publix’s founder, known as Mr. George, is given to employees who exemplify leadership, perpetuate the Publix culture and demonstrate their commitment to his vision.
“Mr. George made it his mission to serve associates and customers, and the communities Publix operated in,” said Publix CEO Todd Jones. “These managers are exemplary leaders in their roles at Publix. I am proud of their contributions to making Publix a great place to work and shop.”
The 2022 recipients of the George W. Jenkins Award are:
- Atlanta Division: Phil Postle, store manager, McDonough, Ga.
- Charlotte Division: Mark Taggart, store manager, Boone, N.C.
- Jacksonville Division: Steve Myers, store manager, Port Orange, Fla.
- Lakeland Division: Jenniffer Kras, store manager, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Miami Division: Philip Wearsch, store manager, Merritt Island, Fla.
- Support: Curt Epperson, business development director of produce
The President’s Award honors one district manager from each division and one support manager who is committed to perpetuating diversity and inclusion (D&I) in the workplace, Publix said. In addition, the recipient must be a role model to others through their demonstration of exemplary leadership.
“One of the great things about Publix is our promote-from-within culture,” said Publix President Kevin Murphy. “These managers are dedicated to equipping the next generation of Publix leaders with the values our company embodies. I am thankful for their continued efforts to prepare our associates for the opportunities available as we continue to grow the Publix family.”
The 2022 recipients of the President’s Award are:
- Atlanta Division: Allie Holberg, district manager
- Charlotte Division: Dawne Steinbach, district manager
- Jacksonville Division: Nicolla Binford, district manager
- Lakeland Division: Julian Agollari, district manager
- Miami Division: Kris Crapo, district manager
- Support: Caven Morgan, manager of warehousing operations, Deerfield Beach, Fla.
Publix, which is owned by its employees through an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), operates 1,320 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia.