Smart & Final, the smaller, faster grocery warehouse store for household and business customers, is expanding its presence in Santa Clara County with the opening of a new Smart & Final Extra! in San Jose on December 14. Located at 430 Blossom Hill Road in San Jose, the new 39,000 square foot Smart & Final Extra! will offer customers a vast selection of both household and club-sized products, all available without a membership fee.
The new grocery warehouse store, which will be open daily from 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. (7 a.m. – 10 p.m. on opening day), will provide shoppers with high-quality, USDA-certified meats, fresh and organic produce, frozen and packaged grocery items, a bulk department featuring coffee, nuts, and more, a sushi bar, as well as personal care and household products.
Approximately 75 positions are being filled in the region to fully staff the new store and other locations in the area. Those interested in applying for positions can visit smartandfinal.com/careers for information.
“I’ve worked for Smart & Final since graduating from high school right here in San Jose,” said Store Manager Carlos Santa Cruz. “I’m thrilled to provide Smart & Final’s budget-friendly selection of products for both households and local businesses in my own community. We offer more club-sized products than the average club store, which saves our customers money and time.”
Store features will include:
- High-quality food options such as First Street® meats, cheeses, bread and more
- Organic groceries and eco-friendly options from Smart & Final’s Sun Harvest® brand
- A sushi bar, which will serve freshly made rolls
- A wide assortment of fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables
- A fully stocked deli department, which will include fresh and warm First Street® Oven Roasted Chickens for easy and healthy grab-and-go meals
- Goods tailored to business and household customers like high-quantity paper products, beverages, snacks and cleaning supplies
- An extensive variety of both household and club-sized products
- Fresh floral arrangements
- Online delivery in two hours or less as well as large business orders from SmartandFinal.com or the Smart & Final app (starting Saturday, December 17)
Beginning at 7 a.m. on opening day, customers can enjoy a free branded tote bag and enter to win a Smart & Final Gift Card. A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place on Wednesday, December 14, at 10 a.m. In celebration of the opening, the Smart & Final Charitable Foundation will present donations to two local-based organizations, the athletics program at Oak Grove High School and Frost Elementary School. The $2,500 donations are part of Smart & Final’s commitment to supporting organizations and causes in the communities where it operates.
For more information, visit SmartAndFinal.com.
About Smart & Final
Smart & Final is the smaller, faster grocery warehouse store, headquartered near Los Angeles in Commerce, California. Smart & Final’s 253 store locations offer quality products in a variety of sizes, saving customers time and money without a membership fee. Its larger format stores, Smart & Final Extra!, combine the warehouse store with traditional grocery offerings like farm-fresh produce and natural and organic options, to provide a one-stop shop for all. In business since 1871, Smart & Final remains committed to giving back to its communities through employee volunteer opportunities and donations to local nonprofits. Smart & Final is part of Chedraui USA, a leading grocery retailer with 24,000 team members supporting 375 store locations across three banners, including Smart & Final, El Super and Fiesta Mart.