In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, the top story was Walmart eyeing other foodservice options as McDonald’s and Subway pull out. Among other stories featured in this week’s gallery:
- Target funnels $5 million toward COVID-19 vaccine access
- Meijer sheds light on COVID year-one shopping trends
- Fresh chicken sales soaring, but for how long?
In executive changes, Publix promotes Adrian Bennett to VP of Jacksonville division, while Ahold Delhaize USA's Retail Business Services hired Rom Kosla as CIO.
Lee Delaney, president and CEO of BJ’s Wholesale Club, died unexpectedly at age 49. Delaney’s death was “due to presumed natural causes.” He had served as president and CEO since Feb. 2, 2019, taking over from Christopher Baldwin, who became executive chairman.
Other top stories:
- Amazon warehouse workers in Alabama give thumbs-down to union
- UNFI launches online wholesale digital marketplace
- Whole Foods Market turns spotlight on responsible sourcing.