In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Hy-Vee adopting the Seafood Supplier Code of Conduct ranked as the week’s top story. Hy-Vee said Wednesday that the SCoC was created to ensure that its suppliers enforce safe working conditions, workers in its seafood supply chains are treated with respect and dignity, and seafood harvesting and production processes are legal and transparent. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Ahold Delhaize USA ranks No. 1 on Dow Jones Sustainability World Index;
- Q&A: Ahold Delhaize USA’s Kevin Holt bullish on omnichannel; and
- Natural Grocers' GardenBox grows lettuce right at the store.
In other news, Walmart launches drone deliveries with DroneUp, Thanksgiving dinner cost jumps back up, Instacart adds safety enhancements for its shoppers.
Other top stories:
- How retailers can evolve and thrive in 2022;
- Little Giant Farmer’s Market launches SNAP EBT payment for online orders; and
- Giant expands its hometown presence in Philadelphia.