In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods traffic trends show two-pronged strategy ranked as the week’s top story. Nearly two dozen Amazon Fresh stores have opened their doors since the first location made its debut in Woodland Hills, Calif., in August 2020. Looking at that store plus seven other Amazon Fresh outlets open about a year, location-based retail foot traffic specialist Placer.ai said those locations saw monthly store visits rise from the second to fourth quarters of 2021. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- KeHE expands distribution with Publix;
- Save A Lot names Leon Bergmann as new CEO; and
- Meijer rolls out first EVgo electric vehicle charging stations.
In other news, Startup Nourish + Bloom Market eyes as many as 500 autonomous stores, SpartanNash offers free online delivery incentive, GS1 US rolls out test kit for retailer 2D barcode transition.
Other top stories:
- Meijer to provide free, at-home COVID-19 PCR tests;
- Giant/Martin’s kicks off ‘endless aisle’ service; and
- Southeastern Grocers begins giving out N95 masks.