In this edition of Supermarket News' Top 10 most popular articles and galleries, ShopRite, Raley's and Earth Fare were in the news about one family's store transitions, the opening of a healthy lifestyle concept, and reopenings following bankruptcy closures:
- Eight Earth Fare stores to reopen under new ownership
- Family business transitions eight ShopRite stores
- Slideshow: Raley’s first O-N-E Market focuses on food for healthy, active lifestyles
Articles on two fresh food categories caught the eye of Supermarket News readers. Both had COVID-19 tie-ins:
- Grab-and-go provides a bakery solution in supermarkets
- Meat sales looking strong for the Fourth of July
Other pandemic-related stories of the week included:
- Is the new online grocery shopper here to stay?
- Kroger to make emergency home COVID-19 test kits available to associates
- Walmart launching virtual summer camp, drive-in movies for summer fun
And in other news:
- Q&A: Albertsons CEO Vivek Sankaran sees growth phase ahead
- Winn-Dixie has ‘no immediate plans’ for name change
Click through the Top 10 slideshow to find links to this content.