12. ShopRite’s latest concepts shine in new store
Garafalo Markets opened a new ShopRite store in Cromwell, Conn. Featuring the banner’s latest look and concepts in fresh and prepared foods, the 67,000-square-foot supermarket also houses an in-store café and a community room and culinary center for cooking demos and workshops.
11. Kroger unveils new eating experience
The Kroger Co.
The first Kroger supermarket with an in-store food hall opened in Cincinnati. Called On The Rhine Eatery, the venue houses five restaurants, providing another customer destination to the new urban-format Kroger store.
10. Giant Landover turns spotlight on fresh food in new store
9. Disruptors 2019: 11 people, trends and events impacting food retail
Here are the trends, innovations, people and companies that were predicted to have the most impact on grocery retail this year.
8. A grand reopening for Price Rite stores
7. Pathmark readies for relaunch
Grocery cooperative Allegiance Retail Services and member owner PSK Supermarkets opened the first new Pathmark since the chain’s shutdown upon the liquidation
5. Sam’s Club Now: A retail and tech lab
Part store and part technology incubator, the Sam’s Club Now outlet in Dallas gives a peek at what an omnichannel-optimized retail destination could look like.
4. Giant debuts second Heirloom Market in Philadelphia
Giant Food Stores opened its second Giant Heirloom Market in the University City section of Philadelphia.
3. H-E-B opens its latest 'shopping destination'
2. Taking a look inside Amazon Go’s first NYC store
1. 10 food trends for 2019
From CBD to new types of lettuce and lab-grown meat, here are the trends shaping the fresh and center store departments.