Peter Larkin, president and CEO of the National Grocers Association, tells SN’s David Orgel that the legislative regulatory agenda is among the leading issues facing the independent grocers community today. “In 2014, the implementation of the Affordable Care Act is going to be front and center,” Larkin says. “In particular, we need to look the definition of what is a full-time employee.” Keeping supermarkets off the chain restaurant menu labeling provision is another NGA goal.
SN’s Total Access video series for The NGA Show:
• Joe Sheridan: NGA now a ‘member-driven’ organization
• Mike Needler, Jr.: NGA case study ‘exposes students to the industry’
• Peter Larkin: Washington agenda leads several important NGA issues
• Rich Niemann, Jr.: Technology ‘big driver’ for industry independents
• Erick Taylor: Collaboration can meet changing consumer needs
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|