The Food Marketing Institute plans to announce the winners of its 15th annual Store Manager Awards on Wednesday from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom at McCormick Place in Chicago at the FMI Connect conference. The awards will be presented during the last 30 minutes of the Culture Rules: Putting People First and Building a First-Class Team session.
Four grand-prize winners will each receive a $1,000 prize and a crystal award. The Store Manager Award finalists are recognized for their work to achieve positive sales growth and customer satisfaction in their stores during the past year.
Nominations were judged on the following criteria:
• Leading, mentoring and motivating workers.
• Communicating company goals and store milestones to other employees.
• Executing innovative in- store programs and/or special events that improve overall customer service and community relations.
• Improving the financial performance of the store.
One grand-prize winner will be chosen from each category:
Category A (1-49 stores)
• Larry Hack, Martin’s Super Markets #16, Granger, Ind.
• Jeffery Iwamuro, Potash Markets on Clark Street, Chicago.
• David Tutorow, Martin’s Super Markets #17, Elkhart, Ind.
Category B (50-199 stores)
• Kate Allred, Lowes Foods #161, Clemmons, N.C.
• Chris Turner, Brookshire Grocery Co., Ruston, La.
• John Wild, Family Fresh Market — SpartanNash, River Falls, Wis.
Category C (200-plus stores)
• Randy Kruse, Hy-Vee Ames No. 2, Ames, Iowa.
• Doug Malenoski, King Soopers (a division of Kroger Co.), Littleton, Colo.
• Ray Waldrop, Bi-Lo in Rock Hill, S.C.
Category D (International retailers — companies operating outside North America):
• George Katsifolis, Alfa Beta Kalamata 3 (part of Delhaize Group), Kalamata, Greece.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|