The IDDBA show floor was busy at Anaheim, Calif. this year (attendance was way up according to show officials) and several vendors mentioned both “quality and quantity” among attendees — meaning lots of retail buyers.
The concept of “indulgence” was also going strong on the show floor. The message at IDDBA was that it’s okay for retailers to encourage a little indulgence among consumers, and it can be included in the overarching message around health.
Supermarket News Executive Editor Chloe Riley spoke with SN Contributor Mark Hamstra, for a breakdown of the trends he saw on the show floor at the recent IDDBA show in Anaheim, Calif.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why the concept of “little indulgences”is still going strong among consumers
- Key challenges retailers face right now in the dairy-deli-bakery area
- Other trends still going strong in dairy, bakery, and deli
- Why grocers need to up their delivery game
- This was the first show with IDDBA’s new president and CEO, David Haaf: find out what his vision is like for IDDBA moving forward
Take a listen.
Have a pitch for the podcast? Reach out at [email protected]. And thanks for listening.