In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Publix expanding COVID-19 vaccinations to over 100 pharmacies ranked as the week’s top story. The retailer’s collaboration with the state of Florida has grown to 12 counties. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Ralphs got under way with COVID-19 vaccinations;
- Meijer, Wegmans, Publix, H-E-B and other grocery retailers worked to get shots in arms as doses came in; and
- The Fresh Market raised the bar for curbside pickup.
In other news, Krasdale Foods promoted Cynthia Ramos to chief sales officer, FMI proclaimed “Supermarket Employee Day” and Hy-Vee was set to launch rapid antibody COVID testing.
Other top stories:
- Schnuck Markets served up its Restaurant Selections meal program;
- Walmart said it would pilot an IoT “smart box” for unattended fresh grocery deliveries; and
- Hy-Vee said it totaled over $167 million in employee bonuses and benefits in 2020.