While the coronavirus pandemic continues to dominate the news, including Supermarket News reports, non-crisis stories also made the headlines in this week's Top 10.
Articles not directly related to COVID-19 (though it's still mentioned in two of them) include:
- Albertsons to sell company stake to Apollo
- Stop & Shop, Giant find skimming devices in self-checkouts at six stores
- Wegmans awards scholarships to more than 1,800 employees
SN's COVID-19 coverage included three reports that dealt with worker pay:
- Grocery workers ‘not facing fewer hazards,' UFCW says
- Kroger provides $130 million in 'thank you' pay for associates
- Stater Bros. again extends COVID-19 hourly wage bonus
Additional coronavirus coverage:
- Amazon, Costco have ‘most favorable’ COVID-19 response, shoppers say
- Food price escalation won’t change Aldi’s formula, CEO Jason Hart says
- Food sales stay strong in April despite U.S. retail sales plunge
- Walmart Grocery absorbed into flagship mobile app
Click through the slideshow to find links to the Top 10 articles.