Today, the continuing impact of COVID-19 shares the weekly Top 10 news stories with a major development in the Southeast, how escalating protests affected food retailers, and some executive change news.
First, the mainly pandemic articles:
- Costco adjusts to shifting purchase behaviors as Q3 sales rise
- Holiday meat sales were strong despite tight supply
- U.S. online grocery sales up again in May
- Whole Foods, Costco, Trader Joe’s lead in retailer COVID-19 safety
Next, stories in which the coronavirus outbreak has some bearing:
- C&S Wholesale, Instacart team up to bring online grocery to 3,000 independents
- Sprouts Farmers Market CEO talks strategy and the future
And in other news:
- Food Lion links loyalty program to online grocery services
- Food Lion to buy 62 Bi-Lo, Harveys stores from Southeastern Grocers
- Former Amazon sales executive Nancy Winé joins Kroger’s 84.51°
- Grocery retailers feel impact as nationwide protests escalate
Check out the gallery slides for links to these stories and more.