Plus, onions linked to salmonella outbreak in 37 states
In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Onions linked to salmonella outbreak in 37 states ranked as the week’s top story. The FDA said it’s still working to determine if salmonella-contaminated onions from ProSource were sold to consumers through grocery stores. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- SpartanNash, Stop & Shop to hold Saturday job fairs;
- Albertsons CEO Vivek Sankaran: 'Omnichannel strategy is working’; and
- Coborn’s to buy Tadych’s Econofoods stores.
In other news, Costco earns kudos as Canada’s ‘most respected’ grocer, Food Lion expands presence in Virginia, Retailers treated to surge in Halloween candy sales.
Other top stories:
- Walmart, Hy-Vee start offering Moderna, J&J COVID-19 boosters;
- Instacart acquires smart cart maker Caper; and
- Wegmans readies for opening of first D.C. store.