It comes as no surprise that COVID-19 continues to be the main topic of interest among Supermarket News readers. The most popular story last week and into this week is Russell Redman's report on Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen and his take on consumer behavior during these times.
Other recent coronavirus articles:
- Discount grocers Aldi, Lidl institute customer limits in stores
- Walmart looks to expand pickup payment for SNAP customers
- Instacart works to expedite delivery as coronavirus hikes orders
- COVID-19 safety standards set for California grocery workers
- BJ’s offers dedicated shopping hours for first responders, medical workers
- Smithfield Foods to close Sioux Falls plant indefinitely amid COVID-19
One development — Hy-Vee to open DSW footwear ‘shop-in-shops’ — also felt the impact of the crisis, and even articles not directly related to COVID-19 could not completely escape the effects — and mention — of the pandemic.
- Seven Earth Fare stores sold to Winn-Dixie, Whole Foods, Aldi
- Instacart moves forward with pharmacy partnership at Costco
Click through the slideshow to find links to these Top 10 stories.