Eight of the Top 10 most popular articles are COVID-19 related — including reports on Trader Joe's store closings, chains installing plexiglass barriers at checkout, and one company that's offering senior citizens special hours to shop.
Here are the headlines (you'll find links to the articles in the slideshow):
- Walmart takes additional steps to protect and reassure workers
- Kroger collaborates with other industries to bolster employment, food supply
- Kroger, Giant Eagle to install plexiglass windows as COVID-19 safeguard
- C&S Wholesale Grocers partners with US Foods and Performance Food Group as coronavirus disrupts jobs
- Walmart invests $550M, Target $300M in employees on coronavirus front lines
- Stop & Shop to offer special hours for customers 60 and older.
- Albertsons plans plexiglass barriers, ‘appreciation pay’ in COVID-19 response
- Trader Joe’s shuts six stores due to employee coronavirus exposure
Two important non-coronavirus stories also emerged as popular Supermarket News content:
- Bankrupt Lucky’s Market to sell 23 stores, distribution center for $29 million
- Fairway Market to sell two N.J. store leases to Amazon