In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Ahold Delhaize USA movimg closer to full self-distribution ranked as the week’s top story. At the halfway point of a three-year supply chain transformation, Ahold Delhaize USA expects more than 85% of its distribution network to be self-managed by the close of 2022. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Walmart U.S. chief John Furner sees a ‘new normal’ emerging;
- Walmart enlists artificial intelligence for online grocery substitutions; and
- UNFI won't sell Cub, Shoppers stores anytime soon.
In other news, Albertsons CEO Vivek Sankaran sizes up the state of the grocery industry post-pandemic, Grocery Outlet hits the 400-store mark and PJ Solomon retail expert Scott Moses tracks the continued rise of nontraditional, alternative grocers.
Other top stories:
- Grocery plays its part in Amazon Prime Day;
- Omnichannel shoppers pay off for grocery chains; and
- Festival Foods adds Leslie Atkinson as VP of marketing.