In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, grocery retail experts take a closer look at Amazon Fresh ranked as the week’s top story. In an SN webinar, analysts examine the retailer’s strategies on real estate, pricing and more, and how supermarkets can compete. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Another stockpiling round may be in store for grocers;
- Kroger to roll out new products from Go Fresh & Local incubator; and
- Lowes Foods plans new entertainment-themed store.
In other news, Grocery Outlet is taking the e-commerce plunge, Albertsons names Sharon McCollam as president, chief financial officer, and Presidente Supermarkets is set for expansion.
Other top stories:
- Giant Eagle now takes PayPal, Venmo payment at checkout;
- Delta variant is changing the mask equation for grocery retailers; and
- Wakefern pilots space-savvy online grocery automation.