Retail expert Bill Bishop's take on the Amazon Fresh store concept topped the news in this week's recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles. Among other stories in this week's gallery:
- Stop & Shop, UFCW reach accord on COVID-19 hazard pay
- Giant Eagle has enlisted FlyBuy Pickup solution to sharpen coordination of curbside pickup
- The Kroger Co. is zeroing in on the family meal in the push to reduce food waste
- Walmart is revamping the management structure, shifting to a team-focused operational model.
Two big online players formed new retail partnerships this week. Instacart has partnered with Sephora to bring same-day delivery to most of the prestige beauty retailer’s more than 500 stores in the United States and Canada, while Uber teamed up with Southeastern Grocers to offer online grocery delivery service in Florida.
And in other news:
- 85% of Americans say they’re paying more for groceries since the COVID outbreak
- Food Lion donating $500,000 in additional funding to support community groups and other organizations that foster racial equality and justice
- Former Amazon and PepisCo executive Omer Gajial has joined Albertsons Cos. as senior vice president of pharmacy and health.