In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, C&S Wholesale Grocers acquired Albertsons Cos.' frozen food contract. Terms of the transaction weren’t disclosed. Keene, N.H.-based C&S said that it had entered into a definitive agreement to buy the Albertsons’ frozens contract from Burris in early spring and then closed the deal last week. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Big Y Foods sets round of COVID-19 vaccine mobile clinics;
- Associated Wholesale Grocers to become Coborn’s primary distributor; and
- Foxtrot plans aggressive expansion, with 50 new stores over two years.
In other news, Tops will expand SNAP EBT payment for Instacart orders, SpartanNash chief merchant Lori Raya joins Kroger as Mid-Atlantic president and Instacart, Fabric partner on online grocery micro-fulfillment.
Other top stories:
- Ahold Delhaize USA’s new Mauldin distribution center gets up and running;
- Uber Eats extends grocery delivery reach with Albertsons; and
- Save A Lot CEO Kenneth McGrath to return to Lidl.