In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, H-E-B bests Amazon as dunnhumby’s top U.S. e-grocer ranked as the week’s top story. No. 1 H-E-B edged out Amazon and its Amazon Fresh supermarket banner as the highest-ranked e-grocer “in a near statistical tie,” dunnhumby noted. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Gerrity’s Supermarkets joins Wakefern grocery cooperative;
- Wakefern announces spate of promotions, retirement; and
- Online grocery shoppers spend more but less loyal.
In other news, Dollar Tree shakes up C-suite, Dollar General promotes three to SVP, Amazon Fresh adds incentive for Prime shoppers.
Other top stories:
- Convenience stores get customers’ attention when it comes to food;
- Amazon offers CPG brands in-store performance measurement; and
- Kroger opens Ocado-powered warehouse in Wisconsin.
Count down in the gallery.