In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, DoorDash, Uber Eats, Instacart challenging major e-commerce retailers ranked as the week’s top story. Edge by Ascential’s Retail Insight research arm projects third-party providers of on-demand food delivery stand to overtake some of the biggest U.S. retailers in e-commerce sales by 2025. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- King Kullen names Joseph Brown president, COO;
- Smart & Final marks 150th anniversary; and
- Stop & Shop eyes over 1,000 new hires in metro New York.
In other news, Costco rings up 23% comp-sales gain for May, Douglas Hacker takes the reins as SpartanNash chairman and Sprouts Farmers Market’s new distribution center in Orlando will serve 33 Florida stores by year-end.
Other top stories:
- Former AmEx, Kraft executive Darryl Brown joins BJ’s as director;
- Albertsons bolsters supplier diversity program; and
- Sales at SpartanNash decline 7% in first quarter.
Count down in the gallery.