In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, the top story was Kroger CFO Millerchip departs for Costco. Gary Millerchip is leaving his role as Kroger’s senior vice president and chief financial officer to become CFO at Costco Wholesale, the companies confirmed.
“I am proud of all we have accomplished at Kroger and have made the decision to transition into a new chapter in my career,” said Millerchip in a statement released by Kroger. “Kroger is well positioned for the future, and I wish the team continued success.”
Other top stories:
- McDonald’s is struggling with lower-income consumers moving over to grocery
- Grocers tweaking self-checkout approach
- CVS eyes pharmacy growth in 2024
- Prison laborers found to be working on farms that supply major grocers, restaurants
In other news, the Aldi grocery store at 2275 Galena Blvd. in Aurora, Ill., still has the coin-operated shopping carts, and the “Aldi Finds” aisle, and customers are still likely to see a staff member with a pallet forklift full of its discount inventory. Shoppers might not notice until they reach the checkout, however, that this Aldi location is unlike any other in the rapidly growing chain.
More top stories:
- Whole Foods among brands identified in dairy recall
- 5 things: Walgreens private label — gone viral
- Dairy sales still down
- Trader Joe’s and Foxtrot make hot brands list